Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Watermelonapalooza

My friends Amy and Justin recently wrote about using an entire watermelon to make several dishes in the Memphis Flyer. After reading it, Warren waited about five minutes before he made his own version of their watermelon gazpacho.

A week later, I was inspired to make a couple watermelon treats of my own.

One of my favorite commentators on NPR was talking about her watermelon, feta, and black olive salad on Friday (Thursday?) when I was driving home from the gym. I just had to make it.


The next day, Warren made a watermelon pico de gallo from a recipe he saw in the Sacramento Bee at his brother's house. It's amazing how the watermelon blends in with the tomatoes.


I couldn't let him outdo me, so I went all out and made watermelon sorbet! All I had to do was blend up some watermelon with some lime juice, strain it, and add a little simple syrup. So easy and so good!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...