Monday, August 16, 2010

MFM 8-14

This week's CSA had some really nice looking cucumbers, more potatoes, carrots, basil, tomatoes, green beans, green peppers, and purple hull peas. I also picked up a couple dozen eggs, some raw skim milk, two baguettes, a cheddar jalapeno loaf, and some chips from the Las Delicias booth.


With a bunch of lovely tomatoes and jalapenos in our CSA haul, and chips for dipping, I set out to make salsa. I cut the tomatoes a little too big, so I think it was actually more of a pico de gallo. I left in some skin and it had a nice spice to it.


I ate a lot on the chips, but for Warren I put some pico on leftover grilled chicken and wrapped it up the blue corn tortillas we picked up at Trader Joe's on our cross country trek.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...