Sunday, October 07, 2007

Shrimp Ceviche

Okay folks, hold on to your hats because this post actually features something I cooked. (Okay technically ceviche requires no cooking, so I should say it is a dish I prepared.)

I'd been craving ceviche ever since I started reminiscing about our visit to La Playita. Since we were going to the market for fish, I went ahead and got some shrimp.

Ceviche is just a step above salsa, so I figured I could do it. I googled a few recipes and under Warren's watchful eye, I set forth.

Cleaning the shrimp was definitely the most taxing part. The Admiral showed me a trick at the beach, but I'm not sure if I remembered it correctly.


Warren pulled a fancy gadget out of the drawer that made juicing the limes a breeze. (Left unattended, I would have exerted a lot of effort squeezing them by hand and removing the seeds one by one.)


I let the shrimp soak in lime juice overnight, which technically "cooks" them, and then added white onion, jalepeno, tomato, and cilantro the next morning. That evening I served it on a crispy tostada shell with fresh avocado with a side of greasy fried pinto beans and rice.


Warren said it was delicious! (He was right!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...